Saturday, November 8, 2008

Microsoft is getting nervous...

Trying to access Hotmail on Firefox using Linux, I get the "shiny" new live interface that doesn't detect my browser, so doesn't change to the "Classic view" (which is no longer possible to choose manually). Maybe they're just trying to beat-up Linux, since it works using Firefox on Windows; maybe they're just not caring anymore, and removed classic altogether; Mozilla indicates that Microsoft is trying to fix things... I can access it from a Windows PC, but from a linux or unix consol, it does not work.

Most everything works except...you cannot edit e-mails: not new, draft, nor replies: period.

I was going to do a temporary measure: forward all messages to gmail until things were fixed: Gmail just works. However when I attempted this, here's the reply I received:

You're only able to forward mail to a custom domain or an e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, or live.com. Please try again.
I don't know what you think, but forwarding is basic functionality expected of e-mail providers...and I'm pretty sure this is anti-competitive behavior: the stuff the EU keeps finding Microsoft, massively, for perpetrating against users: for which the company is now receiving heavy punishments and orders to open-up protocols and to document their API. I might've even paid for MS Mail in the future: now I'm just disgusted with the company, it never learns.

1 comment:

  1. I found a comment you made a few years ago rebutting Isaiah 53. Just wanted to say hi.

    ReplyDelete